T-Minus 14 Days

Wait--what??? I'm taking the GMAT in two weeks?  When the heck did that happen!?  I found myself writing to a couple of people this afternoon with whom I haven't spoken to recently, so naturally I told them about my plans.  And that's when it occurred to me to look at a calendar and come to the realization that D-Day (or G-Day) is in 14 days.  Yowza.  I lost this last weekend of studying, and by "lost" I mean had a blast with one of my best friends who flew out from Kansas City to experience San Diego sunshine and witness the massacre of her football team.  (Obviously the little detail on the latter was not what she was gunning for.)  We spent a couple of nights in a great location right next to the San Diego Convention center, which overlooks the bay, Coronado Island, and offers views of the famous Gaslamp district and the Padres Stadium to boot.  It doesn't get much better than that.

At any rate, I have been diligently plugging away at several practice questions a night with my handy strategy book these last several nights (w/exception of the aforementioned weekend), and last night I turned this weird corner where I actually found tackling data sufficiency questions to be sortof...fun.  I am not much different from the masses who tend to just jump in and try to start solving equations the old-fashioned (read: inefficient) way, so when the time-saving strategies that let you say "Ah-HA!" actually start clicking and making sense, it becomes more of a game.  Granted, I keep getting knocked down in this game, but I'm starting to get better at it.  I'm starting to look at it like this: the GMAT and I are going into the Octagon together and only one of us is coming out alive.  If I can just be patient and learn what the GMAT's Achilles' heel is, then I stand a fighting chance and I start to get the eye of the tiger instead of the shakes.

Right?

Popular Posts