Reverb10: Travel

How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?

The "how" part of the question kinda makes me laugh because, well, does it really matter how I got from Point A to Point B? Unless it was by camel caravan, I think that part is pretty uninteresting.

This year I was more conservative with my vacation time and dollars than last year after making the declaration that in 2011 the Brown Family would be going to Europe. That said, I've gotten out and about quite a few times in the latter half of the year.

  • June - Vegas Vacation with the aforementioned Tara (see previous post). Even though it ended up being just the two of us and we both worked part of the time, we managed to enjoy ourselves quite a bit when we weren't doing the "Vegas Shuffle". (Long story.) I even got to cross something off of my "30 Things to do by 30" list, which was to stay out all night in Las Vegas. I saw the sun rise on our last night. :)

  • September - I attended the Kappa Kappa Gamma Leadership Academy in Columbus, OH. Awesome experience, and it was exactly the kind of thing I needed to help me realize my MBA Project.

  • October - I flew up to Portland, OR for my cousin Carmel's wedding, which allowed me to cross another thing off of my 30/30 list.

  • November - Went out to Virginia to celebrate Thanksgiving with my maternal family

  • December - I leave tomorrow for Pittsburgh to be with my paternal clan. Wish me luck with all the crazy weather and holiday traffic...

Peppered in there have been driving-distance trips up to Orange County and LA to hang at Disneyland with friends, tour Hollywood & Beverly Hills, and visit family.  I also spent a day in Mexico this spring eating inexpensive Lobster feasts and wine tasting in the Guadalupe Valley.
Coming up in 2011...

Europe. And lots of it.

As mentioned previously, my Dad and Stepmom and I have been planning to go since 2009, and I'm bringing my friend Tina with me. She studied in Trier, Germany five years ago, and we've sworn to go back to Germany together in the time since. The trip itinerary is not yet set and it's already seen quite a few configurations that has involved Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Frankfurt, Trier, and Rome. Regardless of where we start and finish, Germany is going to be the big focus. Now with my plans to go for an MBA somewhere over there, I think we're going to try to work it out timing-wise such that I can just go over for our holiday...and stay there. :) Domestically, I don't have any other travel plans for next year that would involve a plane. There may be a wedding or two, but invites have yet to go out, so let's not put the cart before the horse.

Popular Posts