2010: Another Year Gone...What's Next?

I hardly know where this year went.  Time goes faster as we age, but this year seems to have shot past me in the blink of an eye.  I felt truly renewed in having a purpose and a goal on several fronts, and I've made progress in all of them. 

I wanted to take my fitness to the next level.  Well, I started running and I've done two 5k races.  In 2011, I want to do at least 3 and maybe try for a 10k.

I've contemplated grad school for the last 5-going-on-6 years, and this year I had the Great Business School Epiphany.  In 2011, it's officially Game On as I re-take the GMAT and complete my applications.

There have been some setbacks here and there, namely in my dancing world.  I feel as though 2010 was a rather static year in which life's distractions made it difficult--if not impossible--to advance, so I'm going to mix it up in 2011 and find my new groove.

Meanwhile, even though I'm orchestrating a move out of the country, I continue to enjoy my job and I want to take it as far as I can for as long as I am able.  Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to going back on Monday.

I'm very much looking forward to the next year.  In 2011, I will celebrate 10 years since graduating high school, which almost seems like nothing, given that my generation has stayed very much in touch with one another via Instant Messanger and later MySpace and Facebook.  While I've been at home in Pittsburgh, the topic of a class of 2001 reunion has come up with a few of my friends, and we all seem to come to the same conclusion: Is there a point?  Like I said--we all pretty much know what everyone else is up to because of the Internet.  I don't even know what sort of governing body puts together official class reunions.  Student Council?  Is there an Alumni Association?  I haven't a clue, and I may not even be around to celebrate anyway.  Which is a shame, really, because I've been telling my BFF Lindsey for the last decade that I would pretty much handcuff myself to her and drag her to our class reunion if I had to.  Even with the social media keeping everyone connected, I think it would be a real laugh riot to get everyone together again and see what happens.  Nothing truly takes the place of real time, face-to-face interaction.

It's been a fun year full of adventures, discovering new friendships, and re-discovering ones that have been around for awhile.  Thank you to all of my family and friends who have been a part of it all.  May you all have a happy and prosperous New Year!

Popular Posts