The MBA Project: Application Sent!

Well, I've submitted my online application to USD.  As soon as my second recommender submits her part, it should all be in. Then there's nothing left but to wait.

If I make it past the review round, then the next step is an interview.  Hopefully I'll know one way or the other about that within the next couple of weeks.  In the meantime, I also signed up to go to an all-day campus event for admitted and prospective students this Saturday.

I've been thinking that if USD falls through, I'm going to be in quite a quandry because based on my research, there's nowhere else locally that I'd want to go to school. I ruled out UCSD and SDSU. There's California State University San Marcos, but...meh....it's not what I'm looking for.  (Not much notoriety in that program.) If I don't get into USD, I'm going to apply to ERASMUS Rotterdam. I mean, what the hell? I won't have much to lose at that point and they don't start their next intake until January 2012, so the timing would still be ok.  My perception is that it's an even tougher school, so I'd probably have a snowball's chance if I couldn't even get into USD, but I'll give it a go anyway.  The urge to take flight to parts unknown has not completely gone away...it's just been tempered with logic and reason for the time being...

And on that note, only 88 days until Euro Trip 2011!  There's a reasonable chance that during Week 2 I'll get to visit an old high school friend in the Netherlands where she lives with her fiance.  I wonder if I could shoehorn a visit to Rotterdam in there somehow...

Popular Posts