Car Insurance Woes

I've been a licensed driver since May 1999.
My new-ish car is equipped with Anti-Lock Brakes and Lo-Jack.
I have not submitted an any claims.
I have not been in a fender-bender.  ((knock on wood))
I took Driver's Ed when I was 16.
My commute to work (one way) is a whopping 11 miles.
I have had one ticket in my entire driving career to this point, and I took traffic school to avoid the point.

So why, oh why, does my car insurance go up every year?  Every.Single.Year.  This is bullshit. I feel like I'm being punished for being a good driver.  And now I've got to go shop around, do some homework and research, possibly deal with the DMV to request a copy of my driving record, and just burn calories in general to try and see if I can negotiate it down or review my policy with a fine tooth comb to adjust the deductible or lower my coverage, etc..  It has been admittedly several months since I did a quote, but so far my carrier is the least expensive.  *sigh*  I'm just so irritated about this.  This is one of those things that sucks about being an adult.

Popular Posts