My (First) 29th Birthday*

So I celebrated my 29th birthday today, and I couldn't feel more blessed by the outpouring of well wishes from family and friends.  One might say that the party started at 3pm yesterday when it turned midnight in Germany and I got a birthday cheers over Skype. ;-)  Then it rolled into today where I excitedly woke up at 6:45 (yeah, on a Saturday) and saw an inbox full of Facebook notices.  I ran around running errands all morning as soon as the stores opened, for this year I decided to have a little get together at my favorite beach and in my infinite wisdom, I waited until today to shop for it.  In my defense, I haven't thrown a party in years, so I'm rusty with the logistics!

I was concerned at first because it was so overcast in the morning, but by the time my party rolled around, the weather became gorgeous--not too hot or too chilly and nice scattered clouds.  I spent a lovely afternoon cavorting at Moonlight Beach with people from all areas of my life: local pals, family who drove down from LA, friends from school, ladies from the dance troupe...it was a really fantastic way to spend a birthday.  I am so thankful for everything that I have been blessed with.

And now I move into the final act of the evening--which is watching The Office while I eat Ben & Jerry's "Fair Goodness Cake"--I shall leave you with this photo of me and my party's special guest, Popsing.  Long story/historical family inside joke, but it made me positively silly with happiness when my Uncle Henry showed up with it.

Popsing is happy to attend my birthday bash!

*The official word is that I will definitely celebrate the big 3-0 next year, and then roll it back to 29.  ;-)

Popular Posts